Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Where Were You When Bush Was Whisked Away?

I've been looking forward to reading Crawford's Take regarding the inauguration of President Barack Hussein Obama. Be sure to stop by Renee Crawford's blog to read about her adventures in Washington D.C. Read about the tangible joy that was felt by two million people converging into one town to celebrate the departure of President Bush and the welcoming of President Obama. Two million people. People from countless different walks of life, from countries all over the world, with different sexual orientations, with different gender identities, of different cultures.. you name it they were probably there.

Read about the collective sigh of relief from two million people as they waved goodbye to now ex-President Bush. About the missed media opportunity on that fateful day.

When Bush was whisked out of Washington D.C, I was at work. I happened to have my phone turned on so I got to hear some of the live coverage. Reading Crawford's Take I remembered being able to actually hear cheers from the massive crowd of people as Bush was carried away on Executive One. I remembered feeling a remarkable sense of relief at that precise moment.

Click here to read all about the cheer from two million people which was kept surprisingly quiet by the media on that fateful day.

No comments:

 
Tornado Rainbow Triangle